We commit to continually monitor and adhere to the latest government and Public Health England guidance and operate with latest COVID-19 best practice measures in place.
Below we outline important policies that will continue to evolve as our country advances through the various reopening phases and your health and wellbeing are our top priority.
Clockwork Medical Staff will maintain these 5 commitments and hope you will join us:
- I will take part in rigorous COVID-19 training on the new hygiene, safety and cleaning standards
- I will maintain 2m of physical distance, or 1m with mitigation
- I will wash and sanitise my hands often
- I will wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) including a mask/visor, gloves etc
- I will be fit for work or stay home when I am sick and I will get tested immediately if I have symptoms
What we ask of you:
To comply with government guidance and public health best practices during the COVID-19 outbreak.
We respectfully ask that you do not attend a Clockwork Medical Event if you think that you may have Coronavirus Symptoms.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are as follows:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia).
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
- If you need to quarantine, are sick or not feeling well, please stay home
- Please announce yourself at the Clockwork Medical Reception Desk upon arrival and wait for any relevant instruction before entering the event
- We are operating a Track and Trace procedure and will take your contact details which will be
stored and deleted securely in line with GDPR regulations 21 days after your visit
- Wear a mask in public areas and wash hands frequently and use hand sanitiser where available
- Please observe all physical distancing guidelines upon entrance to and throughout the venue
- Follow the directional signage to support one-way flow where possible
- Please adhere to the venues specific procedures, signage and staff will be available to help with this
Here is what you need to know:
We have a Clockwork Medical COVID-19 Safety Champion on-site each day to answer questions and support our faculty, speakers, delegates and exhibitors
If you become symptomatic of COVID-19 while attending an event, we would ask you to do the following please.
- Inform a member of the Clockwork Medical team immediately
- You will be taken to the self-isolation point to minimise any risk of transmission.
- A member of the Clockwork Team will liaise with venue staff and will support you throughout this process and talk you through the procedure for this eventuality in detail.
- If you become symptomatic or test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending a Clockwork Medical event, please contact the Clockwork Team so that we can put in place our procedure to inform relevant staff and people you may have come into contact with whilst at the event.
Visit www.gov.uk/coronavirus for full details
We commit to do everything we can to keep our faculty, delegates, visitors, exhibitors, suppliers and employees safe.